Saturday 27 December 2014

BANDUNG REVISITED

I just returned back from Bandung. This was my 10th time to this shopping paradise of Indonesia. But, I was rather disappointed this time to see the number of factory outlets closing doors and also the reduced number of shoppers compared to previous trips. Again this time around the weather was not favourable as it rained cats and dogs and Bandung district was declared under emergency.
At KLIA 2 waiting to board Malindo Air to Bandung 

Arriving in Bandung
Bandung Airport ( It was raining) 

It was Misty

Any way, the weather was kind enough to make me go shopping even though my plans to visit some places had to be shelved due to the flood situation on the outskirts of Bandung. The problem is not the rain but the clogged drains, poor drainage system and the filthy conditions of the roads.






So, most of the time I was either going shopping or resting at the hotel.
 
Hotel Swimming Pool

Beautiful landscaped Swimming pool at Hilton Bandung




At Hilton Bandung

I visited Pasar Baru, as it is always crowded, congested and have something for you to choose from.
Dago and Ria areas were full of factory outlets and there were plenty to bargain and buy here.


Just a stone throw away from Pasar Baru is the biggest mosque in Bandung. It is worth visiting this wonderful mosque where is a lot of hustle and bustle.









 Actually you will be lost for choice when it comes to food and my favourite was Padang Food at Sederhana near my hotel.












































Hyper Square and Pasteur Food market were worth visiting.



























































































There are a lot of street foods. But it is wise to take precautions on what type of food you eat.




Wherever  I go in Indonesia, I am bound to bounce on poverty. This time I was greeted by innocent poor children who sod newspapers for a few cents. Even though I saw poverty written on their faces but they his it behind their smiles. I just contributed a few dollars to these unfortunate children . I met them while shopping along Jalan Dago.



































































Hotel Hilton Bandung is the only modern and 5 star hotel in Bandung.
I loved the breakfast here and even food service to the room is cheap if we compare to 5 star hotels.





















My trip this time was not only disappointing but the weather was not accommodating too.

I was in Bandung on Christmas day

THE SPA AT THE HOTEL IS REALLY REFRESHING AND IT IS WORTH TRYING TO  RELEASE STRESS AND TENSION



The hotel is just opposite the railway station

As I had written in detail about Bandung in my previous blog, I have nothing much to say except that I might think twice to visit Bandung again as I heard the new airport will be quite far from town compared to the present one. It was a relief when we landed at KLIA 2. East or West Home is the Best.

WALKING TO THE BOARD THE FLIGHT


BANDUNG AIRPORT

CHILDREN AT THE AIRPORT BORDER WAVING TO PASSENGERS. ( SECURITY AT RISK)

But to conclude I would still prefer to shop in Bandung and hope the town will give better facilities to tourists and make the city green and clean. I have posted many photos of my visit  as a picture speaks a thousand words.


KLIA2
KLIA 2

No comments:

Post a Comment